Job Title: Technical Assistant
Eligibility: Community Employment (CE) is generally linked to those who are 21 years or over and applicants must also be in receipt of a qualifying Irish social welfare payment for 1 year or more.
Hours: 19.5 per week
- To assist the technical manager in all aspects of theatre shows, concerts, conferences and all other events at the arts centre as required.
- Assist all visiting companies to access the theatre with sets/props, sound/light equipment and all other equipment necessary for their production. He/she will participate in get ins, fit ups, get outs, etc.
- Assist in the rigging of lighting/sound equipment and basic construction duties during each production fit up and all other events as required.
- Assist the technical manager in the set up/break down of all necessary equipment to facilitate Garter Lane turn arounds during all events i.e. theatre productions, concerts, films, workshops, talks, conferences, etc.) in Garter Lane theatre/gallery and other venues as necessary.
- Be familiar with Garter Lane’s Health & Safety Statement.
- Will be required to attend training programmes with regard to new equipment/systems, Health & Safety, ie Manual Handling, Occupational First Aid, Fire Safety/Evacuation, Child Protection, etc.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 086 770 5234
Closing date: Friday 31st May