Community Employment Job Vacancy : WATERFORD HEALING ARTS TRUST
The Waterford Healing Arts Trust (WHAT) invites applications for the post of Art Installer (Art Collection & Exhibitions).
Closing Date for Applications : 17th Jan 2020
Art Installer (Art Collection & Exhibitions)
WHAT manages an art collection of almost 600 works that is on display in University Hospital Waterford. The art collection has been central to the work of WHAT since its inception and aims to soften the clinical environment and invite patients, staff and visitors to engage with contemporary art. WHAT also curates a lively programme of temporary exhibitions in the hospital. The role of Art Installer provides a great opportunity for a person interested in visual art to gain valuable experience in this growing area.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: To maintain and install art within University Hospital Waterford
- Installing, cleaning and maintaining the art collection in University Hospital Waterford
- Organising the repair of artworks where needed
- Installing temporary exhibitions
- Liaising with the UHW Technical Services Department, framers, suppliers, artists etc
- Updating the art collection inventory
- Complying with health and safety and infection control standards
- Labeling artworks
- Assisting with invites, catering, publicity and protocol in relation to exhibition launches
- Assisting generally in other aspects of WHAT’s programme when required
- Contributing to team meetings
HOURS OF WORK:
19.5 hours per week. Some evening will apply.
PLACE OF WORK:
The WHAT Centre for Arts and Health, University Hospital Waterford