This 3-day studio workshop provides an insight and overview of the oil painting process, from Old Master principles and practices to contemporary applications and techniques.
Using the still life as the subject matter, this workshop will teach you how to create complex, realistic, and luminous paintings following a timeless method that breaks down the process into sequential and manageable steps. This is a hands-on course that also provides practical solutions to common oil painting problems.
Dates: Friday, Saturday & Sunday 11 – 13 March 2022
Times: 10am – 5pm each day
Venue: Garter Lane Arts Centre, Waterford, Ireland
Medium: Oil Paint
Level: Beginner – Intermediate
Learning outcomes include:
• Oil painting tools, materials and their properties
• Stages of an oil painting, from drawing and blocking in to overpainting and glazing
• Colour theory, harmony, mixing and how to organise your palette effectively
• Secrets to perfectly modelled three-dimensional forms
• Subtle handling of edges, transitions, and blending
The methods and techniques shown on this workshop reflect the standard approach and best studio practices, which are currently being taught at all of the major realist painting academies worldwide. Suitable for beginners, this course also benefits advanced or professional artists, who might wish to reinforce some of these traditional skills and knowledge.
Contact: Adrian Cooke 087 6609644 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org