The Barrack Street Concert Band presents The Greatest Show, featuring Ireland’s Greatest Showman, West End Superstar, David Shannon
On Friday 18th of October all roads will lead to the Tower Hotel Waterford for the highly anticipated annual concert from the Barrack Street Concert Band. Anyone who has attended the bands annual concert down through the years will know what a fantastic nights entertainment it is, and this year is no exception.
The Barrack Street Concert Band is one of Ireland’s premiere concert bands. It is also one of Waterford’s living treasures and has been entertaining the people of Waterford City and County since 1870 – a staggering 149 years!
Featuring the music of the greatest and most successful film, theatre and popular music composers of all time, ‘The Greatest Show’ is a night packed with box office sensations. As its title suggests the concert will feature some of the amazing songs from ‘The Greatest Showman’, one of the most successive and popular musical films for many years. So with ‘Circus Spectaculars’ along with tales of Phantom’s, Ghostly Ghouls and Superhero’s, from composers such as Danny Elfman, Rogers and Hammerstein, Freddie Mercury and Andrew Lloyd Webber, this will be a night of magical entertainment for all the family.
To help the band breathe life into this wonderful music the band are thrilled to welcome back Ireland’s greatest theatrical export – David Shannon. David is one of the most sought after leading men in musical theatre having starred in such West End productions as Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, Sweeney Todd, Miss Saigon, The Beautiful Game, and most recently in the multi award winning Come From Away. David has truly established himself as a global megastar having starred in hit productions from Scandinavia to Australia. Be prepared to be amazed as David sings hit songs from your favourite Musicals, Queen, James Bond and many many more….
Barrack Street Concert Band
- The Band was formed at the Mount Sion Christian Brothers School on Barrack Street, and originally called ‘The Amateur Band’ .
- In 1895 the Band became known as the ‘Barrack Street Brass and Reed Band’, as its instrumentation changed to include both brass and reed instruments.
- After some changes in location over the years the Band now resides at Green Street where they built their bandroom using the volunteer labour of their members and friends.
- The hall was officially opened on August 16, 1968.
- In 1981 The Band changed its name to the one that is so well-known throughout Waterford today, The Barrack Street Concert Band.
- The new name reflected another change in instrumentation, including a full percussion section.
- The band is currently under the baton of Musical Director Mark Fitzgerald.
VENUE : THE TOWER HOTEL, THE MALL, WATERFORD | Concession for groups of 5 or more €22.50