Two of Us (Deux)
OCT 12, TUESDAY
When Nina met Madeleine on holiday in Rome, they became instantly inseparable. Decades later, they are still sharing their lives and the landing between their two neighbouring apartments.
Despite this, Madeleine has never told anyone about their relationship. So after more than twenty years of loving in secret, Madeleine promises Nina she will finally tell her family the truth. Though certain of her decision and love for Nina, Madeleine finds the prospect of “coming out” daunting. It takes an unexpected, life-altering event and the threat of losing her partner for the truth to be unveiled.
Director Filippo Meneghetti’s bold debut drama features a love story that proves both intensely moving and surprisingly thrilling.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for visiting our theatre:
In line with the Government’s plan, in order to attend an event at Garter Lane, you and all of your booking party will be required to present one of the following on arrival at our theatre:
- An EU Digital Covid Certificate (DCC) or the HSE Vaccination Card, or a COVID-19 Certificate that has been issued by non-EU states, which contains CONFIRMATION that the person has been vaccinated.
- Unvaccinated minors under the age of 18 will be permitted to attend the event in the accompaniment of a fully vaccinated parent or guardian.
- Early arrival to our theatre is advised and we suggest being present up to a half an hour before the event start time.
- Garter Lane has ample space in both it’s courtyard and gallery in which to socially distance yourself and your party prior to the event.
- Face coverings are required while moving about our building and may be removed once seated.
- We ask that you (as we will) all adhere to all of the public health safety guidelines that keep us safe, these include proper hand hygiene and social distancing.
France’s submission to the 2021 Academy Awards for Best International Feature Film
Toronto International Film Festival 2019
BFI London Film Festival 2019
International Film Festival Rotterdam 2020
Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival 2020
Winner – Best Actress, Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival 2020
Winner – Best First Film, César Awards 2021
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
In one sense, Two of Us is as much a conventional romance as anything else, but it’s directed with a shiver of suspense by first-time feature maker Filippo Meneghetti.”
Cath Clarke, The Guardian