Are you a film artist/maker who needs access to space and time to reflect and develop? Could you use access to some state of the art equipment to assist with the furthering of your individual film project vision and your practice as a filmmaker?
If so, then read on!
Garter Lane Arts Centre funded by the Arts Council and with support from Waterford City & County Council is delighted to offer a Pilot Film Residency suitable for an emerging or intermediary career film artist.
Here the successful applicant will engage with the Centre’s available resources and staff, with the objective being that of a specified period of professional and practice development time for the artist in question. You will work from a busy Arts Centre environment where the exchange of experience and expertise flows freely among artists and arts workers.
You will have access to and use of Garter Lane Arts Centre equipment:
- 3 BirdDog P200 PTZ live streaming cameras
- BirdDog PTZ keyboard controller
- WireCast production tool to stream and record footage for broadcast
- 2 iMacs
- Cinema projection suite
- Sony SRX-R510 digital cinema projector
- Canon XA40 camera
(upon an agreement with and subject to availability you will also have some access to the following, kindly made available by neighbouring organisation):
- 2 Panasonic Lumixg cameras
- 2 Boom poles
- 2 Libec AP-1 adapter plates
- 2 Libec RH25D camera tripod stands
- Sony PXW-Z150 & Sony EXMOR R video cameras
- Marantz audio scope short shotgun and blimp microphones
- A production laptop + editing suite
You will liaise with the Arts Centre’s Executive Director on both the vision for your residency and its operational terms & conditions
- You will work from a centre that has a proud and long trajectory of Art House/Educational and Local Film Screenings. We are the home of WFFA (Waterford Film For All), along with distribution partners Access Cinema and we screen EOS (Exhibition on Screen) tites, along with AEMI and IFI offerings, we are also the home of Red Led Film Group: garterlane.ie/red-lead-film-group/
- Your residency, upon an agreement, will begin in September 2022 and continue for a duration of 3 months during which time you will have opportunities to share your skills and work toward your objectives. Total remuneration for the period of the residency is €5000 which will be made in stage payments agreed with the centre. Interested applicants will incorporate this figure into their overall plan for the residency.
If this idea is appealing to you and you will be in a position to make the time and access to the centre fruitful for you and your practice, we would be delighted to hear from you.
You will apply by providing us with an expression of interest + your CV
Your expression of interest can take the form of an explanation as to what this residency might offer you as a filmmaker/artist and/or a proposal outlining a specific project idea that this residency may suit.
Please note: Proposals/Expressions of interest no longer than 800 words
Applications received after 22nd August 5pm will not be processed.